"At its most basic, my Bali experience was a wonderful vacation to a beautiful island. And that’s a good takeaway in and of itself. But this experience also changed me on a soul level – or maybe didn’t change me, but uncovered something in me I had forgotten was there. And that was priceless."
Incredible things happen when you share your passion. Check out what our community accomplished this year.
- We officially changed our name to The Foundry in February!!!!!
- We added new and exciting classes; Hot Pilates, Hot HIIT, Hot Barre.
- We added a third studio to The Foundry Family; the Tempe-Rio Salado studio.
- We hosted our 4th OHM Yoga Teacher Training, graduating 10 new yoga teachers.
- We hosted our 1st OHM Pilates & Hot HIIT Teacher Training, graduating 8 teachers.
- We hosted 14 workshops at our studios, ranging from posture clinics to self development.
- We hosted 4 community events with over 500 people in attendance.
- We hosted 4 challenges and had over 400 people complete these challenges.
- We donated over 150 pounds of food to a local shelter, along with clothing & toys.
- We donated over $1,000 to local charities.
- We announced our first-ever Yoga & Pilates Healing Retreat in Bali! (happening July 2018)
- We were absolutely and completely INSPIRED by the 5,339 students who came to our studios, taking a total of 79,548 classes this year!!!!!!!
We can't wait to see you and sweat with you in the new year! Join us for the New Year, New You Challenge starting on Monday, January 1st. The goal is to complete 50 classes in 60 days. #NewYearNewYou #WeGotThis #50in60
As a certified Yoga instructor and Nutritionist, I know how important (and sometimes challenging!) it is to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Since the emergence of social media, there is an overabundance of information on what to eat, what not to eat, when to eat, the best diet for you, etc. Should you put butter in your coffee? How many calories should you be eating daily? Should you use coconut oil or olive oil? What are the best foods to eat right after a workout? It can be overwhelming and confusing!
This is where I come in. I received my Bachelor’s in Science Degree from Arizona State University in Human Nutrition in 2010. It’s not just my degree, it is my passion. I love learning about different foods, how they affect our bodies, and the science behind it all. I also have a huge passion for cooking and trying new foods and recipes. You can find me every Sunday morning on my couch with a hot cup of coffee watching The Food Network Channel picking up tips and ideas on different recipes. It’s my Sunday happy place.
I'm excited to invite you to join me in The Foundry Best Self Nutrition Challenge! My main goal for this 8-week challenge is to provide you with all of the tools you will need in order to succeed in reaching your nutrition goals. Your challenge is to follow the guidelines and 8 weeks of meals laid out for you. Each week we will go over different topics to answer your questions from smart grocery shopping to meal prepping to staying properly hydrated to calorie intake. We will cover it all.
I am a big believer in practicing what I preach. The way I approach this challenge is the way I live my life. If you were to tell me that I had to forever give up my mom’s green chile burritos because it wasn’t “clean," I would say, "You’re crazy. I’m out." There is a way to enjoy the foods you love while still reaching your goals. It’s called balance. And it is exactly how I live my life. Life and food are meant to be enjoyed! Having the knowledge to maintain that balance is the key. That is what I will provide with this challenge. Along with recipes, a weekly meal plan for all 8 weeks, grocery lists, batch cooking techniques, check-ins, healthy tips, and more.
Whether you are looking to lose weight, pack on some lean muscle, learn how to cook healthy meals, or just want to learn more about fueling your body with the right foods - this challenge is for YOU. Do this Nutrition Challenge along with your 50 in 60 studio challenge for even better results! And guess what? I will be joining you - signing up for the 50 in 60 challenge and participating in the Nutrition challenge myself! I’ll be with you every step of the way.
Sign up here before 12/25 to get Early Bird Pricing: https://thefoundryyoga.com/nutritionchallenge/
Don’t wait - spots are filling up and our Early Bird Discount ends December 25th! Our first meeting is Saturday, December 30th, 8:30am - 10:00am at The Paradise Valley Studio or 11:00am - 12:30pm at the Tempe Rio Salado Studio, whichever is more convenient for you! I will provide your first week’s meal plan, grocery list, and cover all of the details of the next 8 weeks so you are ready to start on January 1st!
Happy Holidays and I will see you in the New Year on your journey to creating your Best Self! You DESERVE it!
Shopping for the Yogi in your life? Here are some suggestions to help!
FOR THE BEGINNER:
- Intro Month for $29 - Unlimited Classes at all Foundry locations - This is the BEST way to get someone started in the studios. They can try out any and all of the classes and get the real vibe of The Foundry. Plus they will be feeling amazing after a month of classes!
- 5 Classes for $59 - Valid at all Foundry locations, two-month expiration. This is great for someone who has already done the intro month special, and wants to keep going, but can only make it in once a week.
FOR THE SEASONED PRO:
- 60-Minute Private Lesson for $75 - We go to class everyday like we brush our teeth everyday. But every six months we go to the dentist to get the deep clean. That is the private lesson, it's the deep clean for your practice! Spend one-on-one time with your favorite teacher, learning valuable tips and adjustments to take your yoga, pilates, or barre practice to the next level!
- 10 Classes for $110 - Valid at all Foundry locations, two-month expiration. Perfect for someone who knows they love the vibe and offerings at The Foundry, and is able to practice once or twice a week.
- $100 Gift Card for $80 - Everyone will LOVE this gift!
- NEW GEAR! All Retail is buy one item, get the second item (of equal or lesser value) at 60% off. The possibilities are endless - mat + towel, top + bottoms, water bottle + Ultima canister, candle + book, Foundry Hoodie + Vooray gym bag. YOU DECIDE!!! STOP IN TODAY TO SHOP!!! Offer Valid thru 12/31/17. ***Excluded from this sale: Jewelry, Nariveda Supplements, Artwork.
By: Nicole Deacon
Yoga helps us gain strength and flexibility, but more than that it helps us to improve our health, connect to our bodies, to breathe more, to stay calm in stressful situations, to be more patient, to be more kind. Mostly we do yoga for who we get to BE after class. There are many ways that we can improve our yoga practice to get the most out of it. Here are four simple things that you can do:
- Breathe – The postures in Sanskrit are called Asana. My teachers have defined the word asana as “posture holding still, breathing always normal”. The moment we hold the breath we are no longer practicing yoga. The breath connects us to our body, allows the body to relax, and to safely go deeper in the postures. Conscious breathing connects us to our parasympathetic nervous system so instead of going into fight or flight response we can stay calm and relaxed even in a stressful situation. If we do nothing but learn to breathe it would be time well spent.
- Take a Private Lesson. Group lessons are extremely beneficial. We are able to meditate more deeply and be supported by the amazing group energy. However, private lessons allow you to fine-tune your alignment maximizing benefit and preventing injury of each of the postures. How often do you want to do yoga? “Everyday. Just like brushing your teeth.” How often do you want to take a private lesson? At least twice a year, just like going to the dentist.
- Strengthen Your Core. The core is a collection of muscles that stabilize and move the spine. Strong core muscles make it easier to do many physical activities including yoga poses. You can absolutely strengthen your core during yoga class, but a pilates or a strength class can target these muscles increasing your mind-body connection to the area making it easier to engage these muscles during yoga poses. To quote Niki Fillmore, “every time I do a pilates class, I feel stronger in my yoga class the next day.”
- Stay 5 Extra Minutes in Savasana. We live in a fast-paced world and if you can consciously create space to slow down and be still you will maximize the healing benefits of your yoga practice. When the body is stressed out, in fight or flight response, it is pumping the body full of adrenaline and cortisol to survive whatever threat it is dealing with. When the body is in a resting state the body’s natural healing abilities take place. We spend class calming the body and getting into a state of rest and relaxation. If you give your body just a few extra minutes in this state you will leave feeling more peaceful, calm, and focused for your day.
We have recently increased our offerings at BYAZ to support students get the most out of their yoga practice. In addition to yoga our members now enjoy strength, pilates, and high-intensity interval training classes. We also offer add-ons for kids under 17 for all classes and kids club, four private coaching sessions for nutrition, yoga, or goal coaching, and mat and towel service. Start maximizing your practice. Click Here to sign up today.